Saturday, June 14, 2008

MORIN: THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM

MORIN: THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
Adam Larson / Caustic Logic
The Frustrating Fraud
June 14 2008 3am
edits update 11pm


Pentagon attack witness Terry Morin, September 2001 at the Navy Annex/FoB #2:

“Approximately 10 steps out from between Wings 4 and 5, I was making a gentle right turn towards the security check-in building just above Wing 4 when I became aware of something unusual.”
According to this graphic, the larger structure to his right here is the bus stop and the smaller one security (thanks CIT). These sit astride the high-traffic crosswalk to the parking lots across the Pike, including, according to this graphic, lot 3, to which he said he was headed (thanks Bobloblaw).

“I started to hear an increasingly loud rumbling behind me and to my left. As I turned to my left, I immediately realized the noise was bouncing off the 4-story structure that was Wing 5. One to two seconds later the airliner came into my field of view.”

Where exactly and how far out? Officially, southwest, about straight ahead if facing the bus stop. The distance is far from clear, but given that it was traveling at near the speed of sound, it couldn't be much behind its noise, perhaps passing the Sheraton hotel. In the below graphic, the “official” flight path is placed approximately based on all available data, and is a general fit for Morin’s description, below:
“The aircraft was essentially right over the top of me and the outer portion of the FOB (flight path parallel the outer edge of the FOB).”

The use of ‘essentially’ in conjunction with his otherwise detailed account shows he means it was very nearly over him but not quite. “Parallel” I take as an accurate observation but not necessarily 100% precise. The real path of Flight 77 does in fact run about parallel to the building’s edge, as seen here. Also, parallel is a word describing two different lines. He did not say “along the edge,” so it was probably centered either north or south of that line, and if north, his failing to describe it as over the building is curious.

“I estimate that the aircraft was no more than 100 feet above me (30 to 50 feet above the FOB) in a slight nose down attitude. The plane had a silver body with red and blue stripes down the fuselage. I believed at the time that it belonged to American Airlines, but I couldn’t be sure.”

Seeing stripes indicates, as he said, that it was not directly over him (unless in a severe sideways bank, which neither he nor anyone mentions). It was either some combination of south and banking left (and he’d see the left/port side), or north and banking right (in which case he’d see the right side). The former seemed to fit his continued line-of-sight, nearly up to impact, and of course also fits with where the plane actually was and where Morin said in 2001 that he was. He describes his continuing view thus:

“Within seconds the plane cleared the 8th Wing of BMDO and was heading directly towards the Pentagon. Engines were at a steady high-pitched whine, indicating to me that the throttles were steady and full. I estimated the aircraft speed at between 350 and 400 knots. The flight path appeared to be deliberate, smooth, and controlled. As the aircraft approached the Pentagon, I saw a minor flash (later found out that the aircraft had sheared off a portion of a highway light pole down on Hwy 110). As the aircraft flew ever lower I started to lose sight of the actual airframe as a row of trees to the Northeast of the FOB blocked my view. I could now only see the tail of the aircraft. I believe I saw the tail dip slightly to the right indicating a minor turn in that direction. The tail was barely visible when I saw the flash and subsequent fireball rise approximately 200 feet above the Pentagon.”

His lateral line-of-sight would be set by the edge of the 8th wing’s SE corner. This would completely block his view of anything too far north, and this path does have something of a north trend. His approximate line-of-sight then is represented by the yellow line in my second graphic, above. Note that the last stretch of the path and the impact itself would be invisible from his angle, unless he moved significantly south.

He also specifically mentions a vertical line-of-sight, defined by a row of trees running along the crest of the hill east of the FoB. In the analysis below, descent rate again approximated, the point where he’d lose sight of the plane appears to work out to about the same location – that is, it went too far north to see at about the same time it went too low, all at around the yellow line. I'd venture from these rough renderings that it would disappear below the horizon just before passing behind the building. So in two ways he would absolutely not see the plane all the way to impact. The reason I explain this is to defuse the importance of Rob Balsamo’s neat little video using 3-D graphics to show the same thing I decided with my graphics, so it's a useful visualization (scene below) – it shows the plane shrinking to the corner, disappearing vertically just before it was about to do so laterally.
This revelation fits with the placement above and with Morin's first losing it behind "a row of trees," not the building. It only appears damning and contradictory when contrasted to this line, sometimes misused by ‘de-bunkers’ and here misused by a re-bunker:

“The tail was barely visible when I saw the flash and subsequent fireball rise approximately 200 feet above the Pentagon.” [emph. mine]

First, “when” cannot be taken too literally when micro-second time differences are at work. Second, the flash may be a light pole being “planted,” catching a glint of sunlight as it “danced” in the air. It may have been a glint off the plane itself as it banked, depending on the angles, which I haven’t analyzed. But clearly it occurred in his line-of-sight, and southwest of - before - the “subsequent fireball.” His narrative does put enough detailed emphasis on seeing tail, and “believing” to have, that it appears he’s embellishing a bit. Vagueness of language aside, he is clearly supplementing his memory with additional info (time: "call it approximately 9:36 AM"), and it would seem embellishing some gaps - tiny, tiny gaps. Perhaps it seemed to him that the “official facts” lined up with what he saw and heard, and if so such synergizing is only natural.

So this is the conventional wisdom, or rather my understanding (which is just a notch above that), of Terry Morin’s account. It corroborates the "official story"/real flight path so well in fact, that he's been strenuously dismissed by critics like CIT's Ranke, who back in November rattled off a huge list of perceived inconsistencies and stated paradoxically “due to all of these extreme contradictions with the official story and explicit exaggerated details meant to support it [...] it's clear that Morin is either relaying a completely fabricated or else wildly embellished account.”

Well, if Ranke today is to be believed, simple embellishment is out the window at least, and Morin himself proves that Morin was fabricating virtually everything in his account, possibly in cahoots with the planners who knew how it should look. Ranke says Morin affirmed, in a private, off-the-record discussion recently, that he was actually “between” the wings rather than “from between,” (see first graphic). This is just as CIT had always reasoned against all reason, giving him the view of a toaster pastry that completely invalidates everything above and any reason to believe what he says now.

If Ranke today is to be believed… and that’s an if alright… then Morin the proven fabricator who was likely complicit now helps prove the truth seven years later and “most definitely should go on the list of people to subpoena once the hearings begin.” Once again the mighty CIT has shown us how much we all know. I have some things to say about this ridiculous turn, but I’m taking it steady right now, and will report more fully as soon as it seems reasonable.

11 comments:

Craig said...

Do you realize how you constantly tell people what I think?

You have no problem asserting my personal thought process (usually wrapped in sarcasm and your nauseatingly self important/indulgent and cumbersome writing style) as if you are an authority on it.

You are not.

You are simply obsessed with me but that gives you no authority to tell people what I think or have thought based on out of context claims I have made in the past.

Morin has ALWAYS said the plane was directly over him and this fatally contradicts the NTSB data and physical damage. This is the claim he seems most sure of to this day as he told me over and over how there is NO WAY it was on the south side of Columbia Pike. Funny how you ignore this in your piece and put out a classic Frustrated Fraud style satellite image (Morin_loc_LoS.jpg) ignoring his POV as a desperate attempt to make it seem like there isn't a significant difference.

Your deceptive tactics are so transparent.

Caustic Logic said...

>>> Do you realize how you constantly tell people what I think?

Clearly YOU THINK I've done that here, before this sentence. Wrong. He wasn't where he said and couldn't see any of that stuff he says he saw - stripes, the tail dipping lower, etc, if what you SAY he says is what actually HAPPENED. I don't care if YOU think "Morin himself proves that Morin was fabricating virtually everything in his account" based on what you say he says, the implication is clear enough to ME that I put it that way.

>>> your nauseatingly self important/indulgent and cumbersome writing style)

I like that line for some reason. True nuff I s'pose. It keep the nitwits from following me - they run from all the words back to your self-assured pseudo-legalistic grunts and chants. I'm tossin' you a bone here.

>>> Morin has ALWAYS said the plane was directly over him and this fatally contradicts the NTSB data and physical damage. This is the claim he seems most sure of to this day...

Hey, it was damn close to right over him and like anyone he didn't have time to run a tape measure up to it to see just how high it was over just which patch of ground. ROME affects about everyone to some degree, It may have been, for example, "essentially right over the top of" him. EVEN IF he really thinks it was DIRECTLY OVER him, it doesn't prove it true. We need to compare it to other data, but not the way you've done.

>>> ...as he told me over and over how there is NO WAY it was on the south side of Columbia Pike. Funny how you ignore this in your piece...

Title: Morin: The Conventional Wisdom - based on his 2001 testimony, compared favorably with the "official flight path", with a closing mentioning his new take with little detail but a link right to it. My point was before they read your BS my readers need to know his 2001 testimony is VERY DIFFERENT from what you say he says now. A basic 'hey, this is new' post with a long preamble.

>>>... and put out a classic Frustrated Fraud style satellite image (Morin_loc_LoS.jpg) ignoring his POV as a desperate attempt to make it seem like there isn't a significant difference.

It was all based on his POV! Oh, You mean his new improved CIT-predicted POV "of a toaster pastry that completely invalidates everything above and any reason to believe what he says now"? No, again, I'm talking about the significantly different account he gave right after the attack, the one we can read in detail and interpret for ourselves rather than rely on your generalized self-serving assertions with no basis for faith in them. The view where he was described being south of the building and had an unobstructed view of Flight 77 approaching from the west. I was addressing his given view, laterally and vertically, by which he saw the silver striped airliner passing just about down Columbia Pike, east and trending north and descending past the FoB and disappearing below the hill just a moment before the major explosion, fireball, smoke, and no flyover plane showed around/over the FoB.

>>> Your deceptive tactics are so transparent.

You should bold and underline "so" to strengthen this BS claim. Maybe add "really, really" and it'll ring truer, eh?

Caustic Logic said...

And also - "Over" - we're talking a 757 here, or similar wide-winged plane. It was therefore DIRECTLY OVER a patch of ground 125 feet or so wide at all times, and "essentially over" over a however-wide zone around that, depending on how the witness reckons. We'd need to clarify, left or right wingtip, fuselage centerline, what pert of this large plane was "essentially right over" him? Do YOU know, Craig? Your graphic indicates centerline, is this a certainty for you and if so based on what?

bobloblaw said...

Dude, lucky you don't have access to the CIT forums because you're missing the most fucking ridiculous debate.

Do me a favour will you.

First of all, get one of those images that details which poles were knocked down on 9/11. Google Earth is handy to zoom in and see where the poles are, and the Ingersoll photos also help as well.

Then go and have a look at the USA Today Parade video (http://www.thepentacon.com/LloydEngland_AccompliceVideo.htm#UsaToday)where they basically slime the shit out of Walter and Sucherman. Watch the section where they are showing Sucherman's approach and pay very close attention to the light poles they have identified. Especially Post #1 (watch it carefully) and Post #3.

Then, go to this page - http://www.thepentacon.com/Topic3.htm

Look at the series of images, which is similar to what is in the USA Today Parade video. Check out the labelling of the poles. The images are shown in order up to 24. Then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you see the next image in the sequence.

What do you notice about the poles marked in this image compared to the ones before?

If you need an uninterrupted reference video of them driving through up the whole road it's CIT Jettin' Crosstown Part 2 - http://www.thepentacon.com/citjettincrosstown.htm

I'm interested to see what you notice.

bobloblaw said...

Also, with regard too Morin's account and POV, have a look at the Ingersoll images. They should give you a pretty good idea of what Morin could see considering that he was in pretty much the EXACT same area.

Caustic Logic said...

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/chainsawmoth/FrustratingFraud/CIT_Poles_wrong.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/chainsawmoth/FrustratingFraud/CIT_poles_wrong_overpass.jpg

Also looks to me like "pole #2 is mis-labeled. That's actually pole 1, and "pole #1" as shown is not even on Route 27. Perspective tricks. A shift of one pole place on the left, and two on the right.

then quote video on how this position couldn't be where he was since it's right under the plane, where the poles 3+4 were struck... past the trees = at the overpass = south of the plane = could see it. Could not see impact out passenger's window, and nowhere near 2:00 (but again, perspective and imprecision). No trees, that supports.

Yes very good find, dude. Will need to update on this.

Caustic Logic said...

And yeah, the first Ingersoll shots are a good help.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/lytetrip/Pentagon/Pentagon%20folder%202/ingersolnavyannex.jpg
Pentagon roofline visible, south side, corner, and west face, obscured by chainlink fence. Actual impact is off to the left. Morin may've been a bit to the right and able to see the spot right above impact, and was def. behind this position, a bit further up-hill. We see only wings 7+8 here at left.

Craig said...

Yeah yeah I conceded I mislabeled the poles.

Funny how this doesn't even change the point!

Anyway.....

Morin told me he ran out from between the wings which is when he saw the tail.

I never claimed he said he was between the wings the entire time.

Only at first when the plane passed over him and he only saw the belly.

THAT is what he told me.

He specifically said the it could not have been on the south side of Columbia Pike because he did not see the stripes and could not tell it was AA.

Notice how in his written account he does not say that he SAW the stripes.

Caustic Logic said...

pictures: urls too long? for each copy this prefix
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/chainsawmoth/

then thes suffixes
FrustratingFraud/CIT_Poles_wrong.jpg
FrustratingFraud/CIT_poles_wrong_overpass.jpg

Caustic Logic said...

I swear I responded scathingly to this already but here is nothing? Essence only then...

>>> Morin told me he ran out from between the wings which is when he saw the tail.

Dude, this is gibberish at this point.

ONA = NoC wasn't it?

He ran out.... Jesus help us.

Caustic Logic said...

I mean, seriously... the way "out" is south, right? That puts him in the spot where we all agree he'd see the tail on the SOUTH path up until near impact. You are certain the plane was totally on the other side of the annex and invisible. Diid he run "out" through wing 0, to be up on Southgate road in time to see this 150 mph plane pass north of the citgo trying to bank hard right before stalling into the Pentagon?

I think this is like the tenth time I've noticed it, but these guys aren't even trying to make sense anymore.